Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom
My favorite tree flower

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tree Planting





I see Education as something that is very relative. There are the basics that do need to be learned, behaviors that need to be taught and reinforced, and rules that need to be followed, but it doesn't just stop there. No two thumbprints and I've heard it said that “no two trees are the same to a raven” and I guess that I am that raven. For me teaching a child is like planting a tree and each tree has its unique qualities. Trees are not only remarkable but there existence is necessary for our survival as education is necessary for economic, financial, and the future success of this country. 

Children are the future leaders of society and it is important that they are nurtured and taught and given all the essential tools that they need to become civilized adults. I've learned a lot over the course of this school semester and what I've become to realize is my humanistic approach to dealing with children which I would love to adopt and further develop if and when I do become a teacher. Tree’s need to be planted, watered, and have sun exposure as do students in school. Students may not be happy at first with being planted in a class room but after they are showered with knowledge and exposed to bright atmosphere of school they will come to love, learn, and grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment